City Hours by Location

City Center / City Hall – 56 N. State St.
 (M-Th) 7:30a – 5:30p
 (F) 8a – 5p

Orem Public Library – 58 N. State St.
(M-F) 9a – 9p
(Sat) 9a – 6p

Justice Court – 97 E. Center St.
(M-F) 8a – 5p

Police Department – 95 E. Center St
(M-F) 8a – 6p

Public Works – 550 N 1450 W
(M-F) 8a – 5p

Orem Fitness Center – 580 W 165 S
(M-F) 5a – 10p
(Sat) 7a -7p

Critical Home Repair & Housing Rehabilitation Program

The City of Orem will provide qualified homeowners grant and/or loan funding up to $15,000 (based upon available funding) to repair critical damage to homes or eliminate specific and immediate hazards to health, safety, and/or sanitation. Homeowners can also replace or repair windows, electrical, plumbing, fixtures, or roofs, paint exterior or interiors, do necessary remodeling, put in ADA improvements, and do additions (based on need).  The program will be available to all homeowners (single-family, multi-family, and mobile homes) making less than 80 percent of the Area Median Income (based on HUD’s yearly MSA numbers) living in the City of Orem.

For program and income guidelines, click here.

To apply, please register for the Neighborly program by clicking here. 

  1. Enter your email address and create a password
  2.   The account creation will then need to be verified via email.  Once verified, you will be able to login and start the application.  Please follow the instructions on the screen to complete the application and to attach any required documentation. 
  3. Once submitted, you will be able to monitor application progress through your Neighborly account.   

If for some reason you are unable to apply online or you have questions, contact Heather Cox at or call 801-229-7265.

Fuller Center for Housing

The Fuller Center for Housing of Utah County helps Utah County homeowners in need with necessary repairs and home revitalizations, making the homes safe and secure.  For more information, visit their website here or  click here for their brochure.

Water & Sewer Line Warranty Program

Many homeowners do not realize that they are responsible for the water and sewer lines that extend from the mainline to their home. We regularly get calls from residents who have had a break in their lateral and didn’t know it was their responsibility. These fixes can be thousands of dollars.

We worked with a private company to get the residents the lowest rates and the best coverage.

This coverage is completely optional.

Learn more by clicking here. 

Fireworks 🎆

Fireworks are allowed to be used 11am to 11pm on July 2-5th , with the time being extended to Midnight on the 4th.

For the Pioneer Holiday, July 22-25th 11am to 11pm with the time being extended to Midnight on the 24th.

Fireworks are restricted in the yellow areas.

Open Burn Window 🔥

Open burning is regulated by the Division of Air Quality (DAQ). There are statewide rules in place that regulate open burning activities to help minimize emissions and ensure that the National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) are met.

Applicants that live in Orem are required to complete the open burn permit application. After the application is completed and submitted, a copy of the application will be sent electronically to the Orem Fire Department and the permit is valid.

Residential burn season for The City of Orem starts on March 30 and ends on May 30 and in the fall beginning September 15 thru October 30.

  1. Farmers have no changes.
  2. Clearing index must be at least 500 to burn (permit holder must check on the day the permit is for, if its below 500 the permit is void)
  3. It is no longer legal for anyone to burn anything related to property development, even trees and brush.
  4. No one is allowed to burn trash, dimensional lumber, tires etc.

Background Checks

To request a background check from the Orem Police Department:

  1. Bring a government-issued photo I.D. to the Public Safety Building at 97 E. Center St.
  2. The fee is $25 and the process takes about 10 minutes.

Bicycle Registration 🚴‍♀️

Registering your bike and/or bike trailer can assist in the recovery of your property if it were ever stolen or lost.

You can register your bike with the Orem Police Department by visiting the police station at 97 E. Center St. There is no fee for this service.

Barking Dogs 🐶

Excessive barking anytime during the day or night is a violation of city ordinance. Please be aware of what your pet is up to and be a courteous pet owner and a good neighbor.

If there are still issues, call non-emergency dispatch (801-229-7070) and file a complaint. Either an Animal Control Officer or Orem Police Officer will respond to investigate. It helps to have the exact address where the offending dog(s) is located.

Leash Law 🐶

Dogs must be leashed at all times within the boundaries of the City of Orem, even in a majority of the city parks.

The only city park available to let dogs run free is at the dog park area at Timpanogos Park.

Lost Pets 🐶 🐱

Dogs, cats, and other small animals collected by Orem Animal Control are sheltered at the North Utah Valley Animal Shelter (NUVAS) located at 193 N 2000 W, Lindon, (801) 785-3442. NUVAS offers information regarding lost & found animals, pet adoptions, and dog licenses.

Larger animals (horses, goats, etc.) collected by Orem Animal Control are sheltered at the South Utah Valley Animal Shelter located at 582 W 3000 N, Spanish Fork, (801) 851-4080.