Neighborhood Partnership Initiative
The previous Neighborhoods in Action Program is now known as the Neighborhood Partnership Initiative! Here are some of the changes that have been made to the program:
- The previous 22 neighborhoods have been combined into nine. These neighborhoods are based on the Development Services neighborhood planning groups and will be used for planning and communication purposes only.
- There are no more leadership positions. Previous chairs have been invited to participate in neighborhood plans, trainings, etc.
- Communication to neighborhood residents will be done through targeted emails, mailings, social media, utility bills, newsletters, schools, and the utilization of a network of community leaders that are connected with the people of a given neighborhood or area.
Property All Star Award Information
The Property All Star award program was developed to show appreciation and to recognize those homeowners and landlords that have worked hard to improve their once blighted properties and have brought them up to a community standard or beyond.
As part of the new program:
- Homeowners and landlords can nominate themselves but will need to provide before and after photos of their properties.
- Front yards will only be considered with some exceptions.
- Nominees will need to agree to the nomination and give permission to release their name, address, and photos. A photo release will need to be signed.
- The nominated properties will be voted on by the general public through the City’s Facebook page.
- The winner will receive a home improvement related prize and a certificate signed by the Mayor.
- The winner will also have a sign they can keep put in their yard congratulating them for their efforts and will be highlighted on the City’s website and Facebook Page.
- All the monthly winners will be placed in the drawing for the yearly award provided by Lowes.
- Award term lasts from the first day to the last day of the calendar month.
- The program will be available citywide.
- Winners will be awarded between April and September 2020.