We require full on-line submittal for building permits. Note that fence permits do not require Building Permits so should not be applied for through this portal unless they are masonry or concrete or include a retaining wall. They do require a Fence Permit and and can be submitted online but through the application in the Planning/Zoning section on the right of this page.
After you have registered, to check on progress of your application or schedule or view inspections, go to: https://orem.cityinspect.com/login
- What Needs a Permit?
- Building Inspection Information
- Electric Service Change-Out
- Land Disturbance Permit application
- SWPPP Preconstruction Submittal and Review Checklist
- Fire Permit
- Residential Fence Permit
- Residential Plans Checklist
- Residential Basement Finish Checklist
- Residential Plan Addendum
- Basement Plan Addendum
- Demolition Permit Information
- Fence Permit Application (Masonry and concrete fences need a building permit and plans in addition to this application.)
- Solar Photovoltaic Plans Submittal Checklist
- Accessory Apartment Information and Checklist
- Owner-Builder Certification (when no general contractor will be hired – not allowed on commercial)
Planning & Zoning
All Planning & Zoning related applications, codes, and information can be found at www.orem.org/planning.
For Residential fence permit applications: Online Fence Permit.
To assure that all development within the City complies with the City Master Plan and with current City Ordinances, the Development Review Committee (DRC) reviews all proposed developments through DRC applications.
- Commercial Business License Application
- Renew My Business License
- Business Name Change / Location Change Form
- Home Occupation Business Application
- Business License Home Occupation Inspection Checklist
- Business License Commercial Building Inspection Checklist
- Close a Business License Account
- Reiki (Massage Parlor) Request Form
- Fireworks Stand Business License
Boards and Commissions