• Election Day is Nov. 6, 2018
  • Register to vote before Oct. 29, 2018, at vote.utah.gov
  • The election will be Vote by Mail so there will be no early voting
  • The Orem Voting Center will be open on Election Day from 7 am – 8 pm
  • Call Utah County Elections at 801-851-8128 with any questions


Frequently Asked Questions

General Election Information

Voter Registration

You may check your voter registration status online by clicking here.

How to Register to Vote

You MAY now be eligible to register to vote online The new State database draws your information from your driver’s license, so your correct home address must be listed on your license in order to qualify. Click here if you qualify.

(click here to see Utah County’s Voter Registration FAQ)

Qualified individuals need to fill out a registration form and submit it to the Utah County Clerk’s office. Have the form postmarked 20 days before an election to be eligible to vote in that election.

Where to Find Voter Registration Forms

You can find the forms for voter registration at:

  • The Utah County Clerk, Election’s Office, located at 100 East Center Street, Room 3600, Provo, UT 84606
  • At the Orem City Recorder’s office.
  • Mail Voter Registration form to Utah County Clerk, Election’s Office, located at 100 East Center Street, Room 3600, Provo, UT 84606
  • State online voter registration (if you qualify)

Contact the Utah County Elections Office at (801) 370-8128.

What is Valid Voter Identification?

Per State Code Section 20A-3-1, “Valid voter identification” means:

  • A form of identification that bears the name and photograph of the voter which may include:
    • A currently valid Utah driver license;
    • A currently valid ID card issued by
      • The state or
      • A branch, department, or agency of the United States;
    • A currently valid Utah permit to carry a concealed weapon;
    • A currently valid United States passport;
    • A currently valid United States military identification card; or
  • One of the following identification cards, whether or not the card includes a photograph of the voter:
    • A valid tribal ID card;
    • A Bureau of Indian Affairs card; or
    • A tribal treaty card;


  • TWO forms of identification not listed under Subsection (83)(a) or (b) but that bear the name of the voter and provide evidence that the voter resides in the voting precinct, which may include:
    • A current utility bill or a legible copy thereof, dated within the 90 days before the election;
    • A bank or other financial account statement, or a legible copy thereof;
    • A certified birth certificate;
    • A valid social security card;
    • A check issued by the state or the federal government or a legible copy thereof;
    • A paycheck from the voter’s employer, or a legible copy thereof;
    • A currently valid Utah hunting or fishing license;
    • Certified naturalization documentation;
    • A currently valid license issued by an authorized agency of the united states;
    • A certified copy of court records showing the voter’s adoption or name change;
    • A valid Medicaid card, Medicare card, or electronic benefits transfer card;
    • A currently valid identification card issued by:
      • A local government within the state;
      • An employer for an employee; or
      • A college, university, technical school, or professional school located within the state; or
  • A current Utah vehicle registration.


Vote by Mail (VBM) / Absentee Voting

The 2018 Utah County Elections will be conducted by an all Vote by Mail (VBM) election. All registered voters will be mailed ballots 21 days prior to the election(s). That would be June 5th (if a Primary is needed) and October 21st for the General Election.

It is important that voter registration information is current because only registered voters will receive ballots.

  • If you have voter registration questions, you can call the Utah County Clerk’s office at 801.851.8128


Forms can be obtained from the:
• Orem City Recorder’s office at 56 N. State, Room 101
• Utah County clerk’s office (100 East Center Street–Provo)
• County webpage  (Mail or deliver a paper copy to County.)
• City webpage  (Mail or deliver a paper copy to County.)

If you have any questions, please feel free to call the Orem City Recorder’s Office at 801.229.7298 or 801.229.7074.

Deadline for submitting registration form:

  • By Mail: This form must be postmarked at least 30 days before an election to be eligible to vote in that election (see the back of the form).
  • Walk In: This form must be delivered in person to your county clerk at least 7 days before the election to be eligible to vote in that election.

For mailed ballots to be counted, they MUST be postmarked BEFORE the election. 

Early Voting

The City is contracting with Utah County to conduct an all Vote by Mail election. Since everyone will have been mailed ballots, there will not be any Early Voting.

Precinct Map

Click here to view a map of the Orem voting precincts on a pdf file.

Click here for a more detailed map that includes the state and federal district boundaries.

Municipal (City) Election Information

What are the requirements to run for municipal office?

Must be:

  • 18 years old
  • A US citizen
  • A registered voter
  • A resident of Orem (or a recently annexed area) for twelve consecutive months prior to the election.

Any mentally incompetent person, or any person convicted of a felony, or any person convicted of treason or a crime against the elective franchise may not hold office in this state until the right to vote or hold elective office is restored as provided by statute.

How do I know when it is a Municipal Election or a County Election?

Municipal Elections are held on the odd-numbered years. County Elections are held on the even-numbered years.

Is there a filing fee?

For the municipal election there is a filing fee of $35.00 due at the time of filing.

How do I know what is legal when campaigning?

For municipal elections (odd-numbered years), a candidate’s guide will be available online, and there will be additional training scheduled after the filing period is over.

How can I help with the election?

If you wish to be a poll worker, you will need to contact Utah County Elections at 801.851.8128.

Related Links

Financial Documents

Financial Documents

Previous Elections & Campaign Financial Reports



Campaign Financial Disclosures — Successful City Council Candidates


Campaign Financial Disclosures–Successful Mayoral Candidates

Campaign Financial Disclosures–Successful City Council Candidates



Campaign Financial Disclosures–Successful Mayoral Candidates

Campaign Financial Disclosures–Successful City Council Candidates


Campaign Financial Disclosures–Successful City Council Candidates

City of Orem Candidate Guide – 2017

Download Now