The City of Orem is committed to providing excellent benefits and a positive work environment where employees are encouraged to balance home and work life. The following benefits are reflective of the City’s commitment to employees.
Note: These are the typical benefits available to full-time benefited employees.
- Retirement – Participation in a Utah Retirement System (URS) pension plan is mandatory for most employees. This valuable benefit provides retirement income based upon salary, length of service, and/or contributions. The City matches employee contributions up to 4 percent.
- Health & Dental Insurance – The City provides each employee their choice a high-deductible or traditional plan at minimal cost to the employee. The City also offers a dental plan with no premium cost.
- Health Savings Accounts – For those on the high-deductible plan, the City contributes to an HSA to help cover out-of-pocket expenses.
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts – Available to help employees save taxes on medical expenses.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – This program helps employees and their eligible family members with a wide range of personal issues.
- Life Insurance – Group term life insurance is provided for all benefited employees.
- Vacation – Employees receive a minimum of 120 hours of vacation annually. Vacation allotment increases as years of service increase.
- Holidays – Employees receive 12 paid holidays each year.
- Sick Leave – Employees receive 96 hours of sick leave each year.
- Long Term Disability Insurance – Coverage is available for all employees.
- Wellness Program – The wellness program helps employees improve their health and well-being.
For more detailed information about the City of Orem benefits package, please contact the Human Resources department at 801.229.7186