The Human Resources Division works to ensure a professional environment for employees that is fun, invigorating, unified, and free from any type of harassment. Our team is committed to assisting staff in hiring the best employees. We embrace employees’ unique contributions and encourage professional career development.
The City of Orem is committed to providing excellent benefits and a positive work environment where employees are encouraged to balance home and work life. The following benefits are reflective of the City’s commitment to employees.
Note: These are the typical benefits available to full-time benefited employees.
- Retirement – Participation in a Utah Retirement System (URS) pension plan is mandatory for most employees. This valuable benefit provides retirement income based upon salary, length of service, and/or contributions. The City matches employee contributions up to 4 percent.
- Health & Dental Insurance – The City provides each employee their choice a high-deductible or traditional plan at minimal cost to the employee. The City also offers a dental plan with no premium cost.
- Health Savings Accounts – For those on the high-deductible plan, the City contributes to an HSA to help cover out-of-pocket expenses.
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts – Available to help employees save taxes on medical expenses.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – This program helps employees and their eligible family members with a wide range of personal issues.
- Life Insurance – Group term life insurance is provided for all benefited employees.
- Vacation – Employees receive a minimum of 120 hours of vacation annually. Vacation allotment increases as years of service increase.
- Holidays – Employees receive 12 paid holidays each year.
- Sick Leave – Employees receive 96 hours of sick leave each year.
- Long Term Disability Insurance – Coverage is available for all employees.
- Wellness Program – The wellness program helps employees improve their health and well-being.
For more detailed information about the City of Orem benefits package, please contact the Human Resources department at 801.229.7186
HR Contact Info
HR Main Office – 801.229.7186 | email@example.com
56 N State St | Orem, UT | 84057
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday | 7:30 am to 5:30 pm
Friday | 8:00 am to 5:00 pm