Neighborhood & Community Resources
There are many resources in our city to help with various needs.
- Every year, the City of Orem receives Community Development Block Grant funding from HUD. Fifteen percent of this allocation is used to support important public services in our city. These organizations are doing great things in our community and provide many beneficial resources. To find out more about these beneficial organizations and the services they provide, click here. Please feel free to contact them if you or someone you know needs one of the resources they provide.
- Recently, the City of Orem created a neighborhood preservation resource guide focusing on neighborhood-related resources and relevant public services, such as utility payment assistance, weatherization, and citywide clean-ups. To access this resource guide, click here for English and here for Spanish.
- The Department of Workforce Services is partnering with a local karate studio and offering the camps at a reduced cost for those receiving a free or reduced lunch. Click here for more information and here for a list of classes throughout the summer.
- The Central Utah Water Conservancy District is offering free landscaping classes, as well as classes for children and youth. Landscaping classes cover growing fruits and vegetables, sprinkler classes, planting bed design classes, and much more. Classes are free, but you must register online at cuwcd.com/classes.html. Click Here for a full list of classes
- Utah County offers a Loan to Own program for area individuals and families looking to purchase a home. To find out more, check out https://youtu.be/_1cYd6l1qMc
- 2-1-1 provides the community with ways to get help and give help. By simply dialing 2-1-1, visiting 211utah.org, or downloading the “211 Utah” app, you can connect to health and human resources you need and find meaningful volunteer opportunities.
- Do you have a wood or coal-burning stove that heats your house? Find out here how the state of Utah could pay for you to replace your old heater with either natural gas, propane, or electric central heating system.
- To find out about other resources, contact Kena Mathews, City of Orem Community Services Manager, at 801-229-7023 or email@example.com.