Neighborhood & Community Resources
There are many resources in our city to help with various needs.
- Orem’s Resident Resources Guide highlights services provided by community organizations to Orem residents. Please feel free to contact them if you or someone you know needs one of the resources they provide.
- EVICTION MORATORIUM: The proposal extends for one month through January 31 the CDC eviction moratorium for nonpayment of rent to keep renters in their homes while state and local governments work quickly to distribute aid to households in need. For more information on the CDC moratorium, see NLIHC and the National Housing Law Project’s Overview and FAQ, and NLIHC’s website.
- Are you in need of housing resources? Check out Mountainland Continuum of Care’s Homeless to Homeless and Beyond Brochure here. The brochure lists several housing resources in the community along the housing continuum.
- Envision Utah has created a new informational website called Your Air Your Utah. It is funded by Rocky Mountain Power and is filled with information for individuals & families, businesses & organizations, and local governments on ways to reduce emissions and contribute to cleaner air/ You can view the website here.
- Smart Controller Rebate:Receive a rebate for up to $75 when you purchase an eligible WaterSense-labeled smart controller. Smart controllers reduce water waste by automatically adjusting how often and how long a landscape is watered based on local weather and landscape conditions. Find out more here.
- Toilet Replacement Rebate: Receive up to $100 when you replace your old toilet with a WaterSense-labeled toilet! Toilets use more water than any other indoor fixture. Because toilets manufactured before 1994 use more gallons of water per flush, replacing them is an easy way to conserve water. Find out more here.
- The Central Utah Water Conservancy District is offering free landscaping classes, as well as classes for children and youth. Landscaping classes cover growing fruits and vegetables, sprinkler classes, planting bed design classes, and much more. Classes are free, but you must register online at cuwcd.com/classes.html. Click Here for a full list of classes.
- Utah County offers a Loan to Own program for area individuals and families looking to purchase a home. To find out more, check out https://youtu.be/_1cYd6l1qMc
- 2-1-1 provides the community with ways to get help and give help. By simply dialing 2-1-1, visiting 211utah.org, or downloading the “211 Utah” app, you can connect to the health and human resources you need and find meaningful volunteer opportunities.
- Do you have a wood or coal-burning stove that heats your house? Find out here how the state of Utah could pay for you to replace your old heater with either natural gas, propane, or electric central heating system.
- To find out about other resources, contact Kena Mathews, City of Orem Community Services Manager, at 801-229-7023 or firstname.lastname@example.org.