Flood & FEMA Information

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has numerous resources for flood information and how to buy flood insurance through the National Food Insurance Program. 

About the Neighborhood Partnership Initiative

The Neighborhood Partnership Initiative

For the purposes of planning and communication, Orem has established 9 districts with 2 to 3 neighborhoods each. Every district has a representative who serves on the Orem Neighborhood Commission with two members of the city council. Together, these representatives help determine neighborhood plans and projects and serve as a source for information for Orem residents.

Communication to neighborhood residents will be done through targeted emails, mailings, social media, utility bills, newsletters, schools, and the utilization of a network of community leaders that are connected with the people of a given neighborhood or area. 

Use the map below to see which district includes your neighborhood.

To reach your Orem Neighborhood Commission Representative or for any questions or concerns you have about the neighborhood partnership initiative program or Orem neighborhoods in general, please email oremneighborhoods@orem.org.   

Drought Resources

Utah and much of the Western United States is experiencing extreme drought conditions. We’ve compiled resources to help everyone weather the non-storm.

Learn More

Garage Sales

Were you aware that Orem City has codes regarding garage sales and the signs to advertise such sales? Although
Orem City doesn’t require permits or have as many regulations as other surrounding cities, Orem City Code 22-
14-28 does set forth the following regulations regarding garage sales. The following is taken directly from the code:

A sale of personal property commonly referred to as a “garage sale” may be conducted on the premises of a

residential dwelling as an accessory use thereto provided that:

  • The garage sale is conducted by bona fide residents of the premises (other families may combine with the residents of the premises to hold a “multifamily” garage sale);
  • The garage sale is confined to the garage, patio, and/or yard of the premises;
  • The goods for sale consist of personal belongings of the residents and do not include any merchandise acquired for the purpose of resale;
  • The goods offered for sale are not placed in a public sidewalk or right-of-way;
  • The duration of the sale does not exceed three (3) consecutive calendar days;
  • All signs advertising the garage sale comply with the requirements of Section 14-3-3 Accessory Residential Signs;
  • No more than two garage sales are conducted on the premises in any calendar year.
  • Garage sales that do not comply with the above requirements are not permitted, and any person conducting a sale in violation of the above requirements shall be subject to the penalties set forth in Orem City Code.

Why do we have codes and regulations regarding Garage Sales?

The main purpose is to preserve all residents’ rights in the city not just those who want to hold a garage sale, but

also to protect non-participating citizens, so that garage sales and their accompanying signs don’t become a

nuisance. Codes and regulations also help prevent damage to city property.

The Orem Beautification Commission wants to remind all garage sale participants to help maintain our city’s

beauty by following our city’s signage regulations as summarized below:

No signs of any kind, unless approved by the city, can be placed on city property including city-owned

ground, trees, utility poles, light poles, traffic poles, traffic signs, sidewalks, streets, curb and gutter, fire

hydrants, or barricades.

No signs can be placed on another’s residence without permission from that resident prior to posting.

No more than two garage sale signs are allowed on the premises where the garage sale is being held.

Where can we advertise and place signs for Garage Sales in Orem City?

The easiest and cheapest way to advertise your garage sale is to list it on KSL.com classifieds. Seasoned garage

sale attenders know to check this resource to map out their routes.

If you use signs, make sure they are free standing and secured to the ground so that they will not blow or fall

into sidewalks or roadways, and always get the permission of a resident before placing a sign on their property.

Political-type corrugated signs are the easiest to install and remove without causing any damage to property.

Banners and signs attached to a fence or building are also permitted with permission from the property owner.

Ditch Master

Issues with ditches in Orem can be directed to the Ditch Masters.

Rick Lewis – 801-362-7348
Zak Dalley – 801-310-0666
Steven Ault – 801-787-1212

Cat & Dog License 😼🐶

Dog Licenses, Cat and Dog Vaccinations – Orem City ordinance requires that all dogs over the age of four months be licensed with the City. Licenses are available at the North Utah Valley Animal Shelter in Lindon, or online through the City of Orem. The City also requires that all dogs and cats be current with their rabies vaccinations. You must provide proof of the rabies vaccination to get a license for your dog or cat. Licensing your pet is an annual obligation and license fees are $15.00 for a spayed or neutered animals and $35.00 for an unaltered animal.

Taking Waste to the Dump Yourself

When you have more garbage or green waste than will fit in your can, you may take that trash to the landfill on your own.

Location: 2000 West 200 South, Lindon, UT 84042
Hours: Click Here
Phone: 801-225-8538
Website: http://utahcountygarbage.org/

There is no charge for loads containing only green waste as long as your load is covered and you provide proof of Orem residency.

Click here to view the North Pointe Landfill Fees.

Dump Passes: Every residence in Orem receives two free dump passes per year. These are delivered in the spring and fall newsletters.  They are on the front page. These go to every residence even if they do not have a utility bill or if they are on paperless billing.  We do not have extras to give out at the city center.