Are building permits required for a kitchen remodel? I’ll be relocating power outlets and some plumbing as part of it.

If you plan on moving power, plumbing, walls, or heating/air conditioning (HVAC) then a permit is required. It wouldn’t be required if you are just painting, replacing cabinets, countertops, etc.


  • About Orem
  • Communications
  • Events


  • City of Orem
  • 56 N. State Street
  • Orem, UT 84057

© 2021 City of Orem. All Rights Reserved.