Neighborhood Preservation Unit/Code Enforcement
The Neighborhood Preservation Unit (NPU) enforces city code and nuisance ordinance violations, concentrating on drug/party houses, illegal accessory apartments, cluttered and junky yards, abandoned vehicles, health issues, illegal businesses, alcohol compliance, and graffiti.
To report problems or code violations in your neighborhood or for more information about neighborhood preservation and ordinances in Orem, reach out to the Orem Neighborhood Preservation Unit at https://orem.org/npu/or contact the NPU sergeant at (801) 229-7321. You may also contact the Orem Help Center.
For information on the Administrative Law Process, click here.
All Orem City Code can be found here.
A code enforcement plan has been developed for low- to moderate-income neighborhoods outlining above-and-beyond activities to help improve these neighborhoods and prioritize Community Development Block Grant spending. These neighborhoods include Sharon Park, Geneva Heights, Suncrest, Stonewood, Lakeridge, and Hillcrest. View the plan here.
Has the appearance of your home and yard improved recently? Are you proud of the word you’ve done to turn it around? If so, you should apply for the PROPERTY ALL-STAR program!
The Property All-Star award program was developed to show appreciation and to recognize those homeowners and landlords that have to improve their once-blighted properties and have brought them up to a community standard or beyond.
- Homeowners and landlords can nominate themselves but will need to provide before and after photos of their properties.
- Front yards will only be considered with some exceptions.
- Nominees will need to agree to the nomination and give permission to release their name, address, and photos. A photo release will need to be signed.
- The nominated properties will be voted on by the general public through the City’s Facebook page.
- The winner will receive a home improvement related prize and a certificate signed by the Mayor.
- The winner will also have a sign they can keep in their yard congratulating them for their efforts and will be highlighted on the City’s website and Facebook Page.
- All the monthly winners will be placed in the drawing for the yearly award provided by Lowes.
- Award term lasts from the first day to the last day of the calendar month.
- The program will be available citywide.
- Winners will be awarded between April and September 2020.