As of October 19, 2020, Governor Gary Herbert has reclassified the COVID response levels and Orem and the rest of Utah County is currently under the HIGH Transmission Risk level.
Everyone visiting a city or public facility is encouraged to practice good hygiene including, but not limited to, washing hands, sanitizing personal effects, staying home if sick, etc.
Gatherings & Sporting Events
- Gatherings have been reduced from 20 people to 10 people.
- No spectators will be allowed at high school sporting events.
- Only two members of the same household may attend sporting events for non-high school age children.
- Face coverings must be worn at public places, both indoor and outdoor, when consistent 6-feet social distancing is not possible.
- Exemptions will be made for children under 5 years old, individuals with a mental health condition, or a disability that does not allow for a mask.
Parks & Playgrounds
- Playgrounds are open.
- Parks are still open for walking, relaxing, and gatherings of less than 10 people.
- Pavilions are closed.
- Park bathrooms are open.
- Futsal in Geneva Park is closed.
- Outdoor volleyball and basketball courts are closed for games.
- Pickleball and tennis courts are open.
- Baseball, softball and soccer fields are open.
- Skate Park is open.
- The Orem Public Library will remain open as long as social distancing is possible.
- The hour of 9 – 10 am will be reserved for high risk individuals only.
Swimming Pool & Fitness Center
- The swimming pools are open with 6ft of physical distance between households.
- Appointments are not currently necessary.
- The leisure pool is open.
- Swim lessons have been canceled.
- The hot tub is open.
- Open plunge has been reinstated.
- Water aerobic classes will be limited to ensure 6ft of physical space between participants.
- No spectators will be allowed on the pool deck.
- The Fitness Center at the Orem Senior Friendship Center can accomodate 8 people per hour by appointment only. Click here to schedule a time.
- Classes that cannot maintain a 10 ft physical distance between participants will be canceled.
- Patrons coming to the pool or fitness center will be asked COVID screening questions but no temperatures will be taken.
Mayor Brunst recorded this message with some help from Bill Nye and other health care workers to drive home the reality of COVID-19 and what we can all do to help stop the spread.
A statement from Mayor Richard Brunst:
“To all of the residents and businesses of Orem, Governor Gary Herbert has moved the city of Orem from the Yellow Phase to the Orange Phase starting at Noon today, September 23, 2020. This is disappointing and will require greater restrictions on all of us. I support the Governor and request that we all follow his new direction for our city to help fight the spread of the Coronavirus. Please join with me to do all we can to meet the new guidelines. And please help us to get back to the Yellow phase through lowering the infection rates of our wonderful city. Thank you for your help! I know that with our combined efforts we can move forward to help our city and bring our rates down. Please see the following attached restrictions required of our city in the Orange or Moderate phase of the “We Lead Together 4.1″ state document.”