- Masks are still highly recommended but not required.
Parks & Playgrounds
- Playgrounds are open.
- Parks are still open for walking, relaxing, and gatherings of less than 10 people.
- Pavilions are open.
- Park bathrooms are open.
- Futsal in Geneva Park is open.
- Outdoor volleyball and basketball courts are open for games.
- Pickleball and tennis courts are open.
- Baseball, softball and soccer fields are open.
- Skate Park is open.
Swimming Pool & Fitness Center
- Operational Plan for Recreation for COVID-19 Response
- The swimming pools are open with 6ft of physical distance between households.
- Appointments are not currently necessary.
- The leisure pool is open.
- Swim lessons are back.
- The hot tub is open.
- Open plunge has been reinstated.
- Water aerobic classes will be limited to ensure 6ft of physical space between participants
Mayor Brunst recorded this message with some help from Bill Nye and other health care workers to drive home the reality of COVID-19 and what we can all do to help stop the spread.
A statement from Mayor Richard Brunst:
“To all of the residents and businesses of Orem, Governor Gary Herbert has moved the city of Orem from the Yellow Phase to the Orange Phase starting at Noon today, September 23, 2020. This is disappointing and will require greater restrictions on all of us. I support the Governor and request that we all follow his new direction for our city to help fight the spread of the Coronavirus. Please join with me to do all we can to meet the new guidelines. And please help us to get back to the Yellow phase through lowering the infection rates of our wonderful city. Thank you for your help! I know that with our combined efforts we can move forward to help our city and bring our rates down. Please see the following attached restrictions required of our city in the Orange or Moderate phase of the “We Lead Together 4.1″ state document.”