Taste of Orem
We are full-steam ahead on planning and preparing for the very first “Taste of Orem” event. This event will be a celebration of food in Orem and an opportunity to showcase your business to the public.
The vision for this event is to have about 30 Orem restaurants, caterers, and other food vendors set up in the park and provide small samples to give attendees a taste of what makes your business special.
There is no cost to you to participate in this event. In fact, we will reimburse you up to $1,000 to come and be part of Taste of Orem. Because the City is covering the costs, vendors will not be allowed to sell anything to attendees. You can however give coupons, special offers, etc. to encourage people to visit your restaurant or use your services.
- WHEN: October 24th from 10am to 3pm. Set up would begin at 7am.
- WHERE: City Center Park – right in the heart of Orem.
- WHAT: This is an event hosted by the City of Orem where food businesses will be serving small samples or horderves for event attendees.
- HOW: You can choose to cook your food onsite in the park or cook it in your establishment and just bring it over. We will provide the electric power for warmers, chillers, etc. If you need equipment to help pull off a mobile event like this, we will reimburse these expenses up to $1,000. If you have a food truck, food trailer, or pop-up tent, feel free to bring it.
- WHY: We want to celebrate Orem’s food community and give residents a chance to see what Orem has to offer. We also want to help our Orem food businesses succeed in these unusual times and be able to adapt to whatever the future of food service might be.
We look forward to putting on this event and hope you will be able to join us. Applications are due by the end of the day Friday, October 24th.