Public Works Storage Facility RFP
CITY OF OREM
PUBLIC WORKS STORAGE FACILITY
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP)
All Public Works Storage Facility proposals will be opened privately by the Orem City Purchasing Agent and Public Works Department representatives. Proposals will be reviewed to determine that the functional requirements of the City are met. An award will be made after the appropriate approvals are received.
The intent of this RFP is to seek qualified proposals from interested parties to provide professional services in the areas of steel building design, structural engineering, and steel building construction for the successful completion of a new Public Works Storage Facility for the City at the Public Works Complex located at 550 North 1450 West. The building will consist of steel framed walls and sloped roof with concrete stem walls and footings. Work will include excavation and survey for footings, and site grading of the existing gravel area. The area of the new structure is approximately 45’x150’ (See attached site plan).
PROJECT LOCATION: PUBLIC WORKS STORAGE FACILITY
550 NORTH 1450 WEST
OREM, UT 84057
- Proposal documents will be available online June 29, 2018 at purchasing.utah.gov (Select the search bar > select Current Bids > enter “Orem” > search).
- Proposals must be submitted no later than 10:00 M. on July 17, 2018 online at Sciquest or to the Office of Purchasing, 56 North State Street, Orem, Utah 84057. Proposals submitted after this deadline will be rejected. Upon review, the business or individual best meeting the needs of the City will be contacted for further action.
- There will be a mandatory pre-proposal meeting on site at 10:00M. on July 5, 2018 at the Public Works facility located at 550 North 1450 West, Orem, UT 84057. We will meet in the Public Works yard at the proposed building site location.
- Proposals must be submitted online at Sciquest or in a sealed envelope to the Office of Purchasing clearly marked, PUBLIC WORKS STORAGE FACILITY along with the name and address of the vendor submitting the proposal.
- If verbal presentations are required, they will be scheduled at a later time and date.
- Specifications are attached. It is the intent of these specifications to be descriptive and non-restrictive. These specifications set forth the minimum acceptable requirements for the specified project.
The City of Orem reserves the right to accept or reject any or all proposals or any part of any proposal if it is deemed to be in the best interest of the City. Price is only one consideration. Qualifications, experience, and references will be considered in the awarding of the contract. Personal interviews may be required. For further project information please contact Taggart Bowen, Project Engineer, at 801-229-7316; for proposal submittal information contact Kent Allen, Purchasing Agent, at 801-229-7131.