RESOLUTION NO. PC-2023-0031
A RESOLUTION BY THE OREM CITY PLANNING COMMISSION TO APPROVE THE SITE PLAN OF MAVERIK UNIVERSITY PARKWAY LOCATED GENERALLY AT 1247 SOUTH GENEVA ROAD IN THE C2 ZONE.
WHEREAS on March 13, 2023, Melanie Ruff, Maverik, filed an application with the
City of Orem requesting the Planning Commission approve the site plan of Maverik – University
Parkway located generally at 1247 South Geneva Road in the C2 zone; and
WHEREAS a public hearing considering the subject application was held by the
Planning Commission on September 6, 2023; and
WHEREAS the agenda of the Planning Commission meeting at which the subject
application was posted at the Orem Public Library, on the Orem City webpage and at the City
offices at 56 North State Street; and
WHEREAS one two hundred six (206) notices were mailed to residents within five
hundred (500) feet of the property; and
WHEREAS the matter having been submitted and the Planning Commission having
fully considered the request as it relates to the health, safety, and general welfare of the City; the
orderly development of land in the City; the effect upon the surrounding neighborhood; the
compliance of the request with all applicable City ordinances and the Orem General Plan, and
the special conditions applicable to the request.
BE IT RESOLVED BY THE PLANNING COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF OREM,
UTAH, as follows:
1. The Planning Commission finds this request is in the best interest of the City.
2. The Planning Commission approves the site plan of maverick – University Parkway located
generally at 1247 South Geneva Road in the C2 zone, as shown in Exhibit “A”, which is attached
hereto and incorporated herein by reference.
3. This resolution shall take effect immediately upon passage.
4. If any part of this resolution shall be declared invalid, such decision shall not affect the
validity of the remainder of this resolution.
5. All other resolutions or policies in conflict herewith, either in whole or part, are hereby repealed.
Page 1 of 7 PASSED and APPROVED this 6th day of September 2023.