- The City of Orem sponsored the Utah Valley Chamber First Friday Forum at the Don A. Christianson Water Treatment Plant overlooking Utah Valley. Mayor Brunst gave a brief presentation on the history or Orem and the current happenings in Orem today. The 35+ attendees toured the treatment plant and learned more about where our local water comes from.
- The City of Orem Centennial Birthday Party was held on Saturday, May 4, 2019 at Orchard Park in University Place. Over 3,000 citizens came to celebrate Orem’s birthday and enjoyed free cupcakes, t-shirts, pins, games, activities, performances by local Orem theater, dance and choral groups, a live band, popcorn, and fireworks. The events were run by over 75 community and city employee volunteers.
- Fesenius Kidney Care of Utah Valley held their grand opening ribbon cutting in Orem on May 14, hosted by the UV Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors.
- The City of Orem hosted a Business Loans of Utah (BLU) Lunch and Learn on Wednesday, May 22 in the City Council Chambers. BLU representatives gave a brief presentation about the newly created BLU fund under the Utah Center for Neighborhood Stabilization (UCNS) organization. The Orem Revolving Loan Fund (RLF) was also explained to those in attendance.
- Canyon Park Tech Center offered a tour for the Mayor, City Councilmembers, City Management, and other Division Directors to view the numerous improvement projects. Some of the highlights include a fitness center featuring the latest exercise and training equipment, as well as a yoga and spin studio for all tenants. In addition, the outdoor amenity space was shown under final stages of construction which will include pickleball, volleyball, basketball, and cornhole, as well as hanging chairs, hammocks and BBQ pits.