(1) Register your Business
Start by registering your business name with the State of Utah.
This can be done at their web site: osbr.utah.gov

(2) Health Certificate: If the nature
of your business is any of the following, you will need to contact the Utah
County Health Department to complete all of their requirements.

  • Any business that
    serves and/or makes food or handles unpackaged foods in any way
  • Pools or spas that
    will have public access
  • Tattooing or piercing
  • Tanning beds open to
    the public
  • Underground storage of
    gas for public access
  • Used oil collection

You must complete this step before an Orem
City business license can be issued
The Health Department can be
reached at 151 South University Avenue, Provo, 801-851-7000 or

(3) Fill out an Application: If your business will be in your home, complete the “Home Occupation Business License Online Application”. If your business will have an office or commercial location, complete the “Commercial Business License Online Application.

(4) Verification of Applicant: we require a
photocopy of the owner’s current driver’s license or another current photo ID
if you do not have a driver’s license.

(5) Other Requirements: Specific types of business may have additional requirements. Call 801-229-7000 for details.

Recommended Posts