We had a resident reach out with some questions about our street sweeping program and we just got swept away rounding up the answers, so we thought we would share them with everyone.
• We have two full-time sweeper operators who on average sweep 5,300 miles of road every year.
• It takes the sweepers roughly 4 to 7 weeks to sweep every public street in Orem
• The sweepers pick up over 200 dump truck loads of debris every year.
• Removing debris from the gutters is critical to maintaining a healthy storm water system.
• The sweepers try to follow the garbage pick-up schedule to help capture any loose debris.
• You can see where the sweepers have been using our fancy GPS sweeper tracker: http://ow.ly/s0Qa50zYcYe