It’s that time again. Saturday, April 13 is your chance to get rid of the nasties around your home. The Utah County Health Department will be hosting a household hazardous waste collection event at the Provo Towne Centre Mall.
Here are some of the things you can bring to dispose of at this event:
- Auto Fluids, Gasoline, Fuels & Motor Oil
- Solvents & Paint Thinners
- Aerosol Cans, Paints & Stains
- Pesticides & Herbicides
- Fluorescent Light Bulbs
- Glues & Adhesives
- Mercury Thermometers
- Photographic Chemicals
- Glass Bottles & Jars
- Paper for Shredding
Do not mix wastes. Bring Wastes in original containers, if possible. Waste must capped or sealed.
- Containers Larger Than 5 Gallons
- Compressed Gas Tanks including Propane & Oxygen
- Gas Cans
- PCB-Related Materials
- Asbestos Materials
- Wastes From Businesses or Construction Sites
- Medical or Biological Waste
- Radioactive Waste
- Fire Extinguishers
Please take electronics for free disposal at the North Pointe or South Valley Solid Waste Districts between April 6-20.
If you have further questions, call 801-851-7525 or visit http://www.utahcountyhealth.org/hhw